Jason Cruz, MA
Special Guest Speaker
About the Instructor
Jason Cruz, MA, is a graduate of Lesley University's Masters Degree in Expressive Therapies and has had over two decades of experience in working with youth through arts-based approaches. A therapist, advocate, activist, and visual artist, he currently works with Raw Art Works in Lynn, MA at https://www.rawartworks.org/. If you are participant in his sessions and groups, you will often hear him asking, "What's really going on?" And you will also experience how he establishes safety, trust, and space for youth to express "what's going on" though innovative art experiences within a community setting.
Discussant: Cathy A. Malchiodi, PhD, ATR-BC, LPCC, LPAT, REAT, is a psychologist, expressive arts therapist, and art therapist specializing in trauma recovery. She is the founder and executive director of the Trauma-Informed Practices and Expressive Arts Therapy Institute that trains mental health and health care practitioners in medical, educational, and community settings and assists in disaster relief and humanitarian efforts throughout the world. Cathy has given more than 500 presentations in the US, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. She has numerous published books, chapters, and articles in the field of art therapy including Trauma and Expressive Arts Therapy: Brain, Body and Imagination in the Healing Process.
To be announced shortly-- syllabus, objectives, and mission of this webinar. For now, enjoy the curriculum and course site and remember to check back for additional readings and resources before the webinar takes place.
- The Familial Language of Black Grief
- Black Individuals Dying at Higher Rate During COVID
- Black Mental Health Support Resources
- Same Pandemic, Difference Experiences: A Cultural Perspective
- Intergenerational Trauma | A Social Work Perspective
- How to Raise a Black Son in America | Clint Smith
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Life Span | Nadine Harris Burke
- Healing Historical Trauma | Mary Yellow Horse Brave Heart
- The Embodied Experience of Microaggressions
- Bonus: The Healing Work of Racial Justice
- Final Steps to Your Certificate
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate of Completion Qualification
- Certificate of Completion or Professional Development | Available on July 30, 2020
- Downloadable Certificate of Professional Development
- Downloadable Certificate of Continuing Education